We are looking for a Data Engineer with the ability to understand customer data, use it to provide insights into business processes and realities, and transform it into a form that is suitable for analysis using Data Science and Machine Learning approaches.
Being the first company to focus on predictive optimization and forecasting for the cargo and transport industry, we are confident, that we are changing the business domain for good.
To create accurate shipping demand forecasts and to suggest the most optimal transport plan, we developed Big Data predictive analytics SaaS. We use statistical algorithms, data mining, and machine learning techniques to solve some of the most complex problems in the cargo and transport industry.
By joining our excellent team of qualified experts, you will get the chance to develop your knowledge about the logistics industry and the latest trends in artificial intelligence and software implementation.
If you are a game changer, if you like challenges and meaningful work get acquainted with the job role, we are looking to hire for our Data Engineering team.
Your job will be to:
- Work with customers to determine the semantics of their data;
- Identify and confirm data gaps;
- Provide a summary of customer data for basic analytics;
- Provide suggestions to support the research team in forecast and optimization;
- Transform raw customer data into Transmetrics Input Format;
- Work with Transmetrics Warehouse to provide reports for the customers and inputs for forecasting and optimization modules;
- Suggest enhancements to the warehouse format if necessary;
- Suggest architectural improvements in our data flow procedures;
- Identify and process external data sources to supplement customer data, forecasting, and optimization.
We expect you to have:
- Very good knowledge of SQL. It is essential for the role;
- Experience with PostgreSQL (preffered);
- Good understanding of data handling in Python;
- Knowledge of ETL tools (big plus);
- Familiarity with shell scripting;
- Basic knowledge of version control systems;
- Jira, or other bug-tracking software or ticketing system;
- Experience with Confluence or other documentation software;
- Ability to provide graphs and aggregations to assess business-relevant insights from data optional;
- Ability to write concise, clear documentation and emails;
- Great communication skills and ability to interact effectively with colleagues and customers;
- University degree, preferably in IT, Computer Science or Business Administration.
What we offer:
- Building a product that will dramatically optimize the cargo industry – this is our way of “changing the world for the better”;
- Be challenged by technically complex problems in the fields of big data, predictive analytics, and machine learning;
- Learn from a strong international team of 50 people (the majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters;
- Opportunity to grow quickly together with the company, develop your skills and share your ideas directly with the management board;
- Have fun along the way in a dynamic, creative, and friendly atmosphere without the burden of office politics;
- Competitive salary, convenient office location in the center of Sofia (metro station nearby), 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, and an opportunity to work from home when needed;
- Health Insurance and subsidized Multisport card.
Transmetircs Company Culture:
Transmetrics is an evolving and dynamic company with an ambitious international team – our office language is English. We aim to be the best and while working hard, we are having a good time together. We value teamwork, creativity, and result-oriented thinking.
Our culture is all about attracting and retaining talent. We reward excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidate! If you are the one who wants to contribute to our success, in a young dynamic team, and be a part of the digital lifestyle movement we kindly invite you to send your CV and other details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality. By providing your data, you explicitly agree that it will only be processed for the recruitment process.
Why Transmetrics is a great place to work
Work that Matters
On top of them, you get 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, an opportunity to work from home when needed, additional health insurance and a convenient office location in the centre of Sofia.
Learn from a strong international team of 35+people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
Transmetrics grabbed my attention with the fact that it is a Bulgarian startup with the mission of making the world a cleaner and eco-friendly place through its innovative products. The thing that still holds my attention though is that the company is relatively small and there are still no strictly defined boundaries between different job positions. Especially important for a young person like me is to be always curious, to try a little bit of everything, to learn new things not only in depth, but also in breadth, in order to find the thing that I am really passionate about and to specialize in it. And I believe Transmetrics is the perfect place to do this!
At Transmetrics I have the opportunity to apply my knowledge in math and programming to various real-world problems. The logistics industry still works in an old-school way, and I feel like there is a lot to be done in automating and optimizing the operations. It eventually results in lowering the traffic and decreasing the CO2 emissions, which is a big motivating factor for me because of the positive impact my work can have on the planet.
At the beginning I was dubious whether to leave the big international corporation for a small scale-up company, but this turned out to be one of my best decisions, since I truly found my place! Transmetrics has a strong corporate culture and values, promoting a feeling of belonging and acceptance. People are free to express their opinion, to learn and share and to make an impact. Our products solve real-world problems and people in the company are extremely smart and colorful! I cannot miss mentioning the coziness of the small home-like office and the board game Fridays that are so much fun!
I choose to work at Transmetrics because I have the ability to contribute to the development of real and promising solutions for the logistics industry. I want to know that my work matters and it could improve my company and make the business of our clients more efficient, which is exactly the case of Transmetrics. On top of that, I appreciate the excellent working conditions such as 25 paid days annual vacation, office in the very center of Sofia, and many others.
After more than six years of living in the UK and in Spain for my studies, I found the best learning environment in a small Bulgarian company. In fact, joining Transmetrics at the beginning of 2022 has proven to be one of the best decisions I have ever made: I now work and grow in the most incredibly bright, motivated, creative and friendly team. I am excited that our daily tasks are full of yet to be solved real-world challenges and that we are devoted to making the world a better (optimized) place.
Why did I change cozy Vienna with rapidly developing Sofia? Because I wanted to make a real impact. I used to play football as a kid. Currently, at Transmetrics I feel like playing in the Champions League. We apply the most innovative technological solutions and work with the biggest companies in the world. We compete with Silicon Valley companies, founded by Stanford graduates and Google employees. Despite that, we gradually make our way to the finals. A company to be proud of.