Transmetrics is a rapidly growing startup that is dramatically changing the cargo transport industry worldwide by predicting and optimizing capacity utilization. This is a huge industry – more than €5 trillion globally. At the same time, it is extremely inefficient – average capacity utilization is only 57%, and 1 in 5 trucks you see on the road is traveling empty!
To solve this problem, Transmetrics developed an AI-based predictive analytics SaaS that is designed specifically for the cargo transport industry. We use statistical algorithms, data mining, and machine learning techniques to create accurate shipping demand forecasts and to suggest the most optimal transport plan. Being the first company in the world to focus on predictive optimization for the cargo industry, Transmetrics is already working with the leading logistics companies worldwide.
The Transmetrics founders and team have extensive domain knowledge in the cargo industry as well as deep technical expertise in building massive data processing and predictive analytics solutions. We have solid backing by both venture capital and high-profile angel investors from the industry.
The opportunity is great, but we need you to help us get there!
JOIN US AND HELP US EVOLVE OUR PRODUCT:
- SaaS offering with a high degree of business and technical complexity
- Implements predictive analytics on big data
- Includes both transactional and analytical (star schema) data stores
- Involves substantial ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) functionality
YOUR JOB WILL BE TO:
- Collaborate with the Lead Data Scientist
- Researching, implementing and testing methods to improve our forecasting and optimization algorithms
- Assisting with the process of bringing them into production
- Working with our Business Analysts and clients in order to understand business problems in order to create and refine mathematical models
WE EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- Programming fundamentals. Knowledge of Python and/or R is a plus.
- Mathematical modeling and problem-solving skills Strong
- Capacity and willingness to learn
- Interest in or ideally experience in mathematical optimization is a plus. Think Linear Programming, scheduling problems, variations of Max Flow, Travelling salesman, Vehicle routing, network design, etc.
- Interest in or ideally experience in forecasting
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant major (e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business, Computer Science) or an equivalent professional experience
- Good command of written and spoken English
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Working in a rapidly growing startup that is already generating solid revenue and has first-class customers
- Building a product that will dramatically optimize the cargo industry – this is our way of “changing the world for the better”
- Be challenged by technically complex problems in the fields of big data, predictive analytics and machine learning
- Learn from a strong international team of 30+ people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters
- Opportunity to grow quickly together with the company, develop your skills and share your ideas directly with the management board
- Have fun along the way in a dynamic, creative, and friendly atmosphere without the burden of the office politics
- Competitive salary, convenient office location in the center of Sofia (metro station nearby), 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours and an opportunity to work from home when needed. Most of our team members work fully remotely.
To apply, please send us your CV in English at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview (usually within 1 week).
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.