We are looking for a Data Engineer with the ability to understand customer data, use it to provide insights into business processes and realities, and transform it into a form that is suitable for analysis using Data Science and Machine Learning approaches.
It is important that you show initiative, value details, and can communicate clearly with both technical-oriented people, and business users.
“You will be working on our main products NetMetrics and AssetMetrics – you will create ETLs to transform the customer data to the Transmetrics Data Model, create tests and test data in order to validate ETLs, and provide proper data sets for forecasting and optimization.
For the External Data project, you will support infrastructure design, periodical retrieval of external data and interface with internal data model.
For the Data Transformation productization, you will propose and implement components to optimize work on transformation of customer data.”
- Work with customers to determine semantics of data
- Identify and confirm data gaps
- Provide summary of customer data for basic analytics
- Provide suggestions to support research team in forecast and optimization
- Transform raw customer data into Transmetrics Input Format
- Work with Transmetrics Warehouse to provide reports for the customers and inputs for forecasting and optimization modules
- Suggest enhancements to the warehouse format if necessary
- Suggest structure of additional database tables to supplement forecast and optimization processes
- Identify and process external data sources to supplement customer data, forecasting and optimization
- SQL: DQL is essential, experience with DDL and DML is helpful. Experience with PostgreSQL preferred
- Information summary – able to provide graphs and aggregations in order to assess business-relevant insights from dataOptional
- MS Excel: often supplementary data and reports are provided in .xls formats by the customer
- Python: used for forecasting and optimization, as well as product scripts
- Pentaho or another ETL tool is a plus
- Jira, or other bug-tracking software or ticketing system
- Confluence, or other documentation software is helpful
- Ability to write concise, clear and actionable emails and documentation
- Interpersonal communication with the other team members and customers
- Personal discipline with work and administration tasks
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Becoming a (regular) Data Engineer requires the ability to write the specification of data transformations for a particular project by the Junior themselves, as well as the identification of data gaps and their prompt communication.
- Becoming a Senior Data Engineer requires the ability to communicate independently about the data structure and semantics with the customers and the PM team, the identification of which data is critical for the project scope and goals, and the identification of potential issues and improvements, both for the specific customers, as well as the products themselves, as they pertain to the data needs and process.
Our tech stack
Don't miss your chance to join Transmetrics!
Why Transmetrics is a great place to work
Work that Matters
On top of them, you get 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, an opportunity to work from home when needed, additional health insurance and a convenient office location in the centre of Sofia.
Learn from a strong international team of 35+people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
At Transmetrics I have the opportunity to apply my knowledge in math and programming to various real-world problems. The logistics industry still works in an old-school way, and I feel like there is a lot to be done in automating and optimizing the operations. It eventually results in lowering the traffic and decreasing the CO2 emissions, which is a big motivating factor for me because of the positive impact my work can have on the planet.
I choose to work at Transmetrics because I have the ability to contribute to the development of real and promising solutions for the logistics industry. I want to know that my work matters and it could improve my company and make the business of our clients more efficient, which is exactly the case of Transmetrics. On top of that, I appreciate the excellent working conditions such as 25 paid days annual vacation, office in the very center of Sofia, and many others.
Data is the Gold Rush of the digital age. In Transmetrics, we develop great tools that give operational data wings. We also give wings to our employees. Eight years ago, I started as a data geek who had no background in Software Development. Now, I am the Head of Product Management and I am responsible for the biggest development initiative in the history of the company.
Why did I change cozy Vienna with rapidly developing Sofia? Because I wanted to make a real impact. I used to play football as a kid. Currently, at Transmetrics I feel like playing in the Champions League. We apply the most innovative technological solutions and work with the biggest companies in the world. We compete with Silicon Valley companies, founded by Stanford graduates and Google employees. Despite that, we gradually make our way to the finals. A company to be proud of.
To apply, please fill in the form below. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview (usually within 1 week).