We’re looking for a Project Manager, who will understand business problems of the customers. Logistics experience and business knowledge of the industry will be highly appreciated.
Transmetrics is a rapidly growing startup that is dramatically changing the cargo transport industry worldwide by predicting and optimizing capacity utilization. This is a huge industry – more than €5 trillion globally. At the same time, it is extremely inefficient – average capacity utilization is only 57%, and 1 in 5 trucks you see on the road is traveling empty!
To solve this problem, Transmetrics developed an AI-based predictive analytics SaaS that is designed specifically for the cargo transport industry. We use statistical algorithms, data mining, and machine learning techniques to create accurate shipping demand forecasts and to suggest the most optimal transport plan. Being the first company in the world to focus on predictive optimization for the cargo industry, Transmetrics is already working with the leading logistics companies worldwide.
At Transmetrics you will get the chance to develop your knowledge about the logistics industry, but also about latest trends in artificial intelligence and software implementation. As you get more acquainted with the product, you will get to lead your own customer projects and ensure proper implementation within deadlines.
Your job will be to:
- Understand business problems of the customers
- Define project scope to match targeted business benefits, requirements and features
- Estimate the level of effort and milestones / delivery dates for projects and assign resources to projects to meet plans and estimations (who works on which project)
- Interact with customers, in the context of leading or supporting software implementations and project management
- Maintain visibility on project status, progress, issues and risks
- Ensure ongoing and timely communication with project customers
- Assure that projects are delivered on time / on scope / in budget; take corrective actions if needed
- Product quality assurance, focused on verifying the correctness of algorithms and data calculations during customer implementation projects
- Prepare and carry out user acceptance tests
- Participate in continual improvement of software performance
- Research and analyze external factors/data sources for forecasting; analyze data from transport companies
- Be responsible for improving the forecasting and optimization modules
- Create graphical reports and charts, based on our clients’ data and the results of our forecasting and optimization algorithms
- Prepare and present slides for workshops and customer meetings
- Work closely with the software development and research teams
- Be able to effectively present business insights and communicate with different teams within the company and with client’s stakeholders.
We expect you to have:
- Degree in a relevant major
Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business, Logistics, Computer Science, or an equivalent professional experience
- Experience with ERP, SAP, Pipe drive, Jira, Trello, etc.
- Experience in Sales and Business communication
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Good research and observational skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
To apply, please send us your CV in English.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview (usually within 1 week).
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Don't miss your chance to join Transmetrics!
Why Transmetrics is a great place to work
Work that Matters
Learn from a strong international team of 30+ people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
Transmetrics is flexible and open to new ideas to which they respond very quickly. A main key differentiator for me is that unlike other AI/big data companies, they understand the realities of the logistics industry. Transmetrics apply mathematics, statistics and AI algorithms to create a product that makes sense to logistics experts, and which can be used in daily operations to benefit our business.
We had been looking for a partner who could help us streamline our empty container flows for a long time. There are different IT solutions on the market, but we chose Transmetrics over other providers because they proved their technical expertise and also demonstrated a deep knowledge of the logistics industry and container shipping in particular, which is very difficult to find.
Transmetrics’ team is hands-on, practical, and down to earth. The team always provides us with clear guidance regarding what we need to focus on. One of the best things is that Transmetrics’ employees have industry-wide experience, as the company is specialized in transport and logistics. Furthermore, the equipment experience (knowledge of transportation equipment) of Transmetrics is at a very high level.
The benefits of the Transmetrics’ platform are visible right away. Before using Transmetrics’ solution, our rate of fleet utilization was 72%. Currently, we have above 82% utilization rate and we are expecting it to increase even further. We estimate the total cost reduction of 7-9%, which is a great result for us.
At Transmetrics I have the opportunity to apply my knowledge in math and programming to various real-world problems. The logistics industry still works in an old-school way, and I feel like there is a lot to be done in automating and optimizing the operations. It eventually results in lowering the traffic and decreasing the CO2 emissions, which is a big motivating factor for me because of the positive impact my work can have on the planet.
I choose to work at Transmetrics because I have the ability to contribute to the development of real and promising solutions for the logistics industry. I want to know that my work matters and it could improve my company and make the business of our clients more efficient, which is exactly the case of Transmetrics. On top of that, I appreciate the excellent working conditions such as 25 paid days annual vacation, office in the very center of Sofia, and many others.
Data is the Gold Rush of the digital age. In Transmetrics, we develop great tools that give operational data wings. We also give wings to our employees. Eight years ago, I started as a data geek who had no background in Software Development. Now, I am the Head of Product Management and I am responsible for the biggest development initiative in the history of the company.
Why did I change cozy Vienna with rapidly developing Sofia? Because I wanted to make a real impact. I used to play football as a kid. Currently, at Transmetrics I feel like playing in the Champions League. We apply the most innovative technological solutions and work with the biggest companies in the world. We compete with Silicon Valley companies, founded by Stanford graduates and Google employees. Despite that, we gradually make our way to the finals. A company to be proud of.
To apply, please fill in the form below. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview (usually within 1 week).