We are looking for a QA ENGINEER with experience in manual testing and an ambition to transition into automation testing.
Being the first company to focus on predictive optimization and forecasting for the cargo and transport industry, we are confident, that we are chaining the business domain for good.
We developed Big Data predictive analytics SaaS to create accurate shipping demand forecasts and suggest the most optimal transport plan. We use statistical algorithms, data mining, and machine learning techniques to solve some of the most complex problems in the cargo and transport industry.
By joining our excellent team of qualified experts, you will get the chance to deepen your knowledge about the logistics industry and the latest trends in artificial intelligence, software development, and implementation.
As part of the company’s growth strategy, we have established a QA team contributing to the excellence of our AI-based predictive products. The successful candidate will bring expertise in analyzing test basis and designing test cases while given the opportunity to learn on the job and develop must-have skills for an automation tester. Moreover, if you are passionate about software quality, you will have the chance to take an active role in shaping the automation strategy and boosting further the testing process.
Your job will be to:
- Testing Transmetrics’ products, new and already existing features;
- Detecting, reporting, and tracking issues using defect tracking tools;
- Creating and maintaining test cases based on product requirements and specifications;
- Contributing to product design and requirements reviews to ensure testability;
- Collaborating with engineering and product teams to ensure timely delivery of high-quality;
- Identifying areas for process improvement and suggesting solutions;
We expect you to have:
- At least 2 years of experience in manual testing of web applications;
- Experience with testing methodologies and test management tools;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail;
- Strong aptitude for both independent work and collaborative teamwork;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with Agile/ Scrum methodologies;
- Familiarity with one or more test automation tools – Selenium, Cucumber, Behave, etc.;
- Experience with programming languages (preferably Python);
- Experience with relational databases and SQL;
- Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS;
- Basic knowledge of version control systems;
- Experience in the logistics-related field is considered a strong advantage;
What we offer:
- Building a product that will dramatically optimize the cargo industry – this is our way of “changing the world for the better”;
- Be challenged by technically complex problems in the fields of big data, predictive analytics, and machine learning;
- Learn from a strong international team of 40 people (the majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters;
- Opportunity to grow quickly together with the company, develop your skills and share your ideas directly with the management board;
- Have fun along the way in a dynamic, creative, and friendly atmosphere without the burden of office politics;
- Competitive salary, convenient office location in the center of Sofia (metro station nearby), 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, and an opportunity to work from home when needed. Most of our team members work fully remotely;
- Health Insurance and subsidized Multisport card;
Transmetrics Company Culture:
Transmetrics is an evolving and dynamic company with an ambitious international team – our office language is English. We aim to be the best and while working hard, we are having a good time together. We value teamwork, creativity, and result-oriented thinking.
Our culture is all about attracting and retaining talent. We reward excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidate! If you are the one who wants to contribute to our success, in a young dynamic team, and be a part of the digital lifestyle movement we kindly invite you to send your CV and other details to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality. By providing your data, you explicitly agree that it will only be processed for the recruitment process.
Why Transmetrics is a great place to work
Work that Matters
On top of them, you get 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, an opportunity to work from home when needed, additional health insurance and a convenient office location in the centre of Sofia.
Learn from a strong international team of 35+people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
Transmetrics grabbed my attention with the fact that it is a Bulgarian startup with the mission of making the world a cleaner and eco-friendly place through its innovative products. The thing that still holds my attention though is that the company is relatively small and there are still no strictly defined boundaries between different job positions. Especially important for a young person like me is to be always curious, to try a little bit of everything, to learn new things not only in depth, but also in breadth, in order to find the thing that I am really passionate about and to specialize in it. And I believe Transmetrics is the perfect place to do this!
At Transmetrics I have the opportunity to apply my knowledge in math and programming to various real-world problems. The logistics industry still works in an old-school way, and I feel like there is a lot to be done in automating and optimizing the operations. It eventually results in lowering the traffic and decreasing the CO2 emissions, which is a big motivating factor for me because of the positive impact my work can have on the planet.
At the beginning I was dubious whether to leave the big international corporation for a small scale-up company, but this turned out to be one of my best decisions, since I truly found my place! Transmetrics has a strong corporate culture and values, promoting a feeling of belonging and acceptance. People are free to express their opinion, to learn and share and to make an impact. Our products solve real-world problems and people in the company are extremely smart and colorful! I cannot miss mentioning the coziness of the small home-like office and the board game Fridays that are so much fun!
I choose to work at Transmetrics because I have the ability to contribute to the development of real and promising solutions for the logistics industry. I want to know that my work matters and it could improve my company and make the business of our clients more efficient, which is exactly the case of Transmetrics. On top of that, I appreciate the excellent working conditions such as 25 paid days annual vacation, office in the very center of Sofia, and many others.
After more than six years of living in the UK and in Spain for my studies, I found the best learning environment in a small Bulgarian company. In fact, joining Transmetrics at the beginning of 2022 has proven to be one of the best decisions I have ever made: I now work and grow in the most incredibly bright, motivated, creative and friendly team. I am excited that our daily tasks are full of yet to be solved real-world challenges and that we are devoted to making the world a better (optimized) place.
Why did I change cozy Vienna with rapidly developing Sofia? Because I wanted to make a real impact. I used to play football as a kid. Currently, at Transmetrics I feel like playing in the Champions League. We apply the most innovative technological solutions and work with the biggest companies in the world. We compete with Silicon Valley companies, founded by Stanford graduates and Google employees. Despite that, we gradually make our way to the finals. A company to be proud of.