We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Science Engineer to join our Data Science team.
Being the first company to focus on predictive optimization and forecasting for the cargo and transport industry, we are confident, that we are chaining the business domain for good.
We developed Big Data predictive analytics SaaS to create accurate shipping demand forecasts and suggest the most optimal transport plan. We use statistical algorithms, data mining, and machine learning techniques to solve some of the most complex problems in the cargo and transport industry.
By joining our excellent team of qualified experts, you will get the chance to deepen your knowledge about the logistics industry and the latest trends in artificial intelligence, software development, and implementation.
As a Senior Data Science Engineer in our transportation and logistics software company, you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of framework-sustaining data science models and algorithms to optimize and forecast transportation and logistics solutions. You will work collaboratively with our product and engineering teams to improve existing models and develop new ones to provide exceptional value to our customers. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms, and optimization techniques and collaboration with DS teams
Your job will be to:
- Design, Develop, and implement a framework for the implementation of repetitive automated data science models and algorithms deployed in production;
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to identify and prioritize opportunities to improve our solutions;
- Conduct research to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the implementation of data science and machine learning techniques in production in both cloud and server-based environments;
- Develop proof-of-concept and prototypes to demonstrate the feasibility and value of new technologies;
- Design and implement experiments to validate models and algorithms;
- Lead and mentor data scientists and enhance their general software engineering skill sets and tools;
- Communicate insights and results to stakeholders across the organization;
- Participate in product design and requirements reviews to ensure that data science requirements are incorporated.
We expect you to have:
- A degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related field);
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering and data science fields;
- Strong knowledge of software engineering of scalable (vertical and horizontal) production systems related to data science applications such as statistical modeling, machine learning, and optimization techniques;
- Excellence with programming languages – Python is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, OOP, multithreading, and databases;
- Good experience in building processes and automated deployments;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong mentorship skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Broad knowledge of our current technological stack (Linux, PostgreSQL, Java Enterprise Python, R, Docker) is an advantage;
- Experience in big data is a plus;
- Familiarity with the transportation and logistics industry and related data sets is a plus.
What we offer:
- Building a product that will dramatically optimize the cargo industry – this is our way of “changing the world for the better”;
- Be challenged by technically complex problems in the fields of big data, predictive analytics, and machine learning;
- Learn from a strong international team of 40 people (the majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters;
- Opportunity to grow quickly together with the company, develop your skills and share your ideas directly with the management board;
- Have fun along the way in a dynamic, creative, and friendly atmosphere without the burden of office politics;
- Competitive salary, convenient office location in the center of Sofia (metro station nearby), 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, and an opportunity to work from home when needed. Most of our team members work fully remotely;
- Health Insurance and subsidized Multisport card;
Transmetrics Company Culture:
Transmetrics is an evolving and dynamic company with an ambitious international team – our office language is English. We aim to be the best and while working hard, we are having a good time together. We value teamwork, creativity, and result-oriented thinking.
Our culture is all about attracting and retaining talent. We reward excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidate! If you are the one who wants to contribute to our success, in a young dynamic team, and be a part of the digital lifestyle movement we kindly invite you to apply here or to send your CV and other details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality. By providing your data, you explicitly agree that it will only be processed for the recruitment process.
Why Transmetrics is a great place to work
Work that Matters
On top of them, you get 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, an opportunity to work from home when needed, additional health insurance and a convenient office location in the centre of Sofia.
Learn from a strong international team of 35+people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
Transmetrics grabbed my attention with the fact that it is a Bulgarian startup with the mission of making the world a cleaner and eco-friendly place through its innovative products. The thing that still holds my attention though is that the company is relatively small and there are still no strictly defined boundaries between different job positions. Especially important for a young person like me is to be always curious, to try a little bit of everything, to learn new things not only in depth, but also in breadth, in order to find the thing that I am really passionate about and to specialize in it. And I believe Transmetrics is the perfect place to do this!
At Transmetrics I have the opportunity to apply my knowledge in math and programming to various real-world problems. The logistics industry still works in an old-school way, and I feel like there is a lot to be done in automating and optimizing the operations. It eventually results in lowering the traffic and decreasing the CO2 emissions, which is a big motivating factor for me because of the positive impact my work can have on the planet.
At the beginning I was dubious whether to leave the big international corporation for a small scale-up company, but this turned out to be one of my best decisions, since I truly found my place! Transmetrics has a strong corporate culture and values, promoting a feeling of belonging and acceptance. People are free to express their opinion, to learn and share and to make an impact. Our products solve real-world problems and people in the company are extremely smart and colorful! I cannot miss mentioning the coziness of the small home-like office and the board game Fridays that are so much fun!
I choose to work at Transmetrics because I have the ability to contribute to the development of real and promising solutions for the logistics industry. I want to know that my work matters and it could improve my company and make the business of our clients more efficient, which is exactly the case of Transmetrics. On top of that, I appreciate the excellent working conditions such as 25 paid days annual vacation, office in the very center of Sofia, and many others.
After more than six years of living in the UK and in Spain for my studies, I found the best learning environment in a small Bulgarian company. In fact, joining Transmetrics at the beginning of 2022 has proven to be one of the best decisions I have ever made: I now work and grow in the most incredibly bright, motivated, creative and friendly team. I am excited that our daily tasks are full of yet to be solved real-world challenges and that we are devoted to making the world a better (optimized) place.
Why did I change cozy Vienna with rapidly developing Sofia? Because I wanted to make a real impact. I used to play football as a kid. Currently, at Transmetrics I feel like playing in the Champions League. We apply the most innovative technological solutions and work with the biggest companies in the world. We compete with Silicon Valley companies, founded by Stanford graduates and Google employees. Despite that, we gradually make our way to the finals. A company to be proud of.