We are looking for a Software Engineer with Database Focus.
Our product revolves around providing our clients with key insights about their data, a cutting-edge forecast, and optimization of their business. As Software Developers, we get to design and create every step of the process from our Data Warehouse, through the complex and challenging but always-interesting client data integration, all the way to presenting our work with a stunning UI to our end users. There is room for innovation on every leg of the journey and we make sure that all voices are heard when making decisions on how to implement something new. There is no endless bouncing from project to project at Transmetrics. Through a continuous integration process, we see our work quickly making a real positive impact on the way customers interact with our software.
We expect you to:
- Be eager to learn the ins and outs of database best practices, design implementations, and data processing;
- Have a broad overview of the entire Software-as-a-Service creation process, as you will be able to quickly find out where your interests lie and either focus your work on a narrower area of expertise or do a bit of everything
- A GOOD TROUBLESHOOTER: Knowing where to find information on why you may be facing an issue is 95% of the battle to fix it. The ability to understand technical documentation and API references guarantees a good start in any software field;
- QUICK LEARNER: Any candidate for this position is guaranteed to learn a lot as their work progresses. The ability to keep an open mind and to be eager to learn new things is of vital importance.
- Develop: As we develop our product further, we constantly have to code new features or improve existing workflows;
- Integrate: Understand general data workflows and integrate them into a new or existing data processing mechanism. Doing so while also keep the code solid and maintainable;
- Learn and Grow: From day one the team is there to help you develop. Gradually we expect new members to start assisting with data integration and feature design as they get more acquainted with the product and the business logic behind it.
How you will spend your time:
- 70% – Writing code and tests;
- 10% – Assisting the agile process;
- 10% – Refactoring;
- 5% – Reviewing code;
- 4% – Documenting;
- 1% – Drinking coffee (or tea).
Don’t miss your chance to join Transmetrics!
Why Transmetrics Is A Great Place To Work
Work that Matters
Learn from a strong international team of 30+ people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
Transmetrics is flexible and open to new ideas to which they respond very quickly. A main key differentiator for me is that unlike other AI/big data companies, they understand the realities of the logistics industry. Transmetrics apply mathematics, statistics and AI algorithms to create a product that makes sense to logistics experts, and which can be used in daily operations to benefit our business.
We had been looking for a partner who could help us streamline our empty container flows for a long time. There are different IT solutions on the market, but we chose Transmetrics over other providers because they proved their technical expertise and also demonstrated a deep knowledge of the logistics industry and container shipping in particular, which is very difficult to find.
Transmetrics’ team is hands-on, practical, and down to earth. The team always provides us with clear guidance regarding what we need to focus on. One of the best things is that Transmetrics’ employees have industry-wide experience, as the company is specialized in transport and logistics. Furthermore, the equipment experience (knowledge of transportation equipment) of Transmetrics is at a very high level.
The benefits of the Transmetrics’ platform are visible right away. Before using Transmetrics’ solution, our rate of fleet utilization was 72%. Currently, we have above 82% utilization rate and we are expecting it to increase even further. We estimate the total cost reduction of 7-9%, which is a great result for us.
At Transmetrics I have the opportunity to apply my knowledge in math and programming to various real-world problems. The logistics industry still works in an old-school way, and I feel like there is a lot to be done in automating and optimizing the operations. It eventually results in lowering the traffic and decreasing the CO2 emissions, which is a big motivating factor for me because of the positive impact my work can have on the planet.
I choose to work at Transmetrics because I have the ability to contribute to the development of real and promising solutions for the logistics industry. I want to know that my work matters and it could improve my company and make the business of our clients more efficient, which is exactly the case of Transmetrics. On top of that, I appreciate the excellent working conditions such as 25 paid days annual vacation, office in the very center of Sofia, and many others.
Data is the Gold Rush of the digital age. In Transmetrics, we develop great tools that give operational data wings. We also give wings to our employees. Eight years ago, I started as a data geek who had no background in Software Development. Now, I am the Head of Product Management and I am responsible for the biggest development initiative in the history of the company.
Why did I change cozy Vienna with rapidly developing Sofia? Because I wanted to make a real impact. I used to play football as a kid. Currently, at Transmetrics I feel like playing in the Champions League. We apply the most innovative technological solutions and work with the biggest companies in the world. We compete with Silicon Valley companies, founded by Stanford graduates and Google employees. Despite that, we gradually make our way to the finals. A company to be proud of.
To apply, please fill in the form below. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview (usually within 1 week).