A powerful asset positioning tool, specifically customized for companies with owned or leased logistics assets
The AI-driven software forecasts demand per asset type and location, up to 12 weeks in advance. It also calculates the most optimal storage, repositioning, and maintenance strategy for empty assets such as shipping containers. This enables data-driven empty asset management on local, regional or even global levels and provides full business process visibility.
What you can expect
Reduction of costs as a result of idle assets
Reduction in repair costs
Reduction of fleet size
Capacity matching ensures you always have the correct number of assets at the optimal location.
Achieve double-digit percentage reductions in the total fleet size while maintaining service levels
Reducing the storage and repositioning costs for empty assets
Overcome data-quality limitations
Effectively measure the utilization of your assets
- Visibility on the historical performance and health of the operations
- Visibility on the future costs based on predicted trends
- FIFO (First-In-First-Out) violations tracking
- Accrued and projected storage costs tracking
- Longstanding equipment identification
- Free time and free pool agreements management
- Forecasting the demand for the full containers which then translates to the demand for the empty containers
- Comparison to the actuals for the last 42 weeks
- Idle stock visualization
- Expected shortages identification
- Manual forecast – Although the statistical forecast has a high quality, there is information the system does not know about.
- Proactive planning powered by forecasting
- Visibility into the future container shortages at locations
- Empty load & discharge planning based on forecasted empty container demand
- Forecasts and planning sharing with agents
- Container cabotage planning
- Service Positioning
- Repositioning costs tracking
- Optimization of maintenance locations
- … and many others
Data Cleansing & Enrichment
Our proprietary Artificial Intelligence algorithms analyze your historical data, identify and improve data quality issues such as missing events, values, duplications, outliers, etc. This enables detailed historical reporting on operational efficiency (e.g. lane and depot fill rates, asset shortages at locations, etc).
Our platform generates daily rolling AI-driven forecasts of upcoming asset movements on the granular level per origin-destination locations, up to 12 weeks ahead. The forecasts are based on a mix of the already improved historical data and a set of external factors (e.g. seasonality, public holidays, weather, etc.).
Out platform calculates the most optimal dynamic plan to run the entire asset or container network. The optimization ensures that all service levels and business requirements are met. The software suggestions help planners to precisely determine whether to keep or relocate empty assets in order to become more efficient and narrow the supply and demand gap.
Ready to optimize?
We had been looking for a partner who could help us streamline our empty container flows for a long time. There are different IT solutions on the market, but we chose Transmetrics over other providers because they proved their technical expertise and also demonstrated a deep knowledge of the logistics industry and container shipping in particular, which is very difficult to find.
Transmetrics’ team is hands-on, practical, and down to earth. The team always provides us with clear guidance regarding what we need to focus on. One of the best things is that Transmetrics’ employees have industry-wide experience, as the company is specialized in transport and logistics. Furthermore, the equipment experience (knowledge of transportation equipment) of Transmetrics is at a very high level.
Frequently asked questions
Is Transmetrics a TMS?
Transmetrics is not a TMS. However, our platform can be integrated with any TMS, ERP or Asset Management system that your company uses. The platform automatically extracts data on a daily basis to provide you with the most accurate predictive analytics of your business and empower your planners to make the most optimal decisions.
What is your commercial model?
Transmetrics is a Software-as-a-Service. That means that it does not require upfront investments from your side to start the implementation and the monthly subscription fee ensures that you receive constant support and future software updates which can generate even more significant benefits for your operations. Our monthly pricing is unique for every project and is based, for example, on the scope, the number of your logistics assets, and the size of your network.